Another dish from our favorite Italian grandmother!
Mama T's Eggplant Stacks
- 2 Medium Eggplants (1/4 inch rounds)
- 1/2 pound Mortadella (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 pound Provolone (thinly sliced)
- 3 Egg for egg wash
- 3 cup Seasoned Bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut eggplant, crosswise, into 1/4 inch circles.
- Lay mortadella and provolone over eggplant slices, then cover with another eggplant slice like a sandwich.
- Dip sandwiches in eggwash, then cover in breadcrumbs. Place on a cookie sheet, then spritz with olive oil.
- Bake eggplant at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 20- 30 minutes.