M&M'S® Chocolate Candies Filled Banana Cake
Mario Batali's M&M'S® Chocolate Candies and Banana Skillet Cake
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (melted plus 2 tablespoons Butter)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Banana (diced)
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup Granola
- 1/2 cup M&M'S® Chocolate Candies
- 1/4 cup Pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dried Cherries
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron skillet over very low heat, melt the 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Combine the dry into the wet mixture. Be careful not to over mix (some lumps will remain)
- Fold in the banana and the M&M'S® Chocolate Candies.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet. Cover skillet with foil and allow to cook for 1 hour. Remove the foil. The cake should be set and ready to serve! Turn the cake out of the skillet onto a large platter.
- Combine the granola with the M&M'S® Chocolate Candies, pecans, and cherries. Toss to combine. Slice the skillet cake and serve with whipped cream, maple syrup and a sprinkling of the M&M'S® Chocolate Candies granola mixture. Note: You can make this cake in a preheated 350 degree oven. Cook for 30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out mostly clean.