Mario Raids the Pantry and Cooks This Delicious Dish!
Mario Batali's Chicken With Black Beans and Rice
- 8 Chicken legs
- salt and pepper
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Carrots cut into coins
- 2 tablespoons Turmeric
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cups Quick rice
- ½ bunch Cilantro
- 1 14 oz can Black beans drained
- 1 tablespoon Chili flakes
- 1 apple Apple julienned
- juice and zest of 1 Orange
- ½ head green Cabbage, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- In a large pot add chicken legs, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned on all sides. Chop carrots and onion and add to pot. Add turmeric, rice and chicken stock. Simmer on stove pot until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Just before serving add cilantro to chicken.
- In a separate pan cook the rest of the onion. Add beans. Season beans and onions with chili flakes.
- For salad finely slice apples and cabbage. Toss in a bowl and add zest and juice of one orange. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Similar categories: Dinner