Corn gets an Italian makeover.
Mario Batali's Corn as Italians Would Eat It
- 6 ears corn (shucked)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Hot red pepper flakes
- Preheat a gas grill or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
- Place the corn on the hottest part of the grill and cook for 3 minutes, or until grill marks appear on the first side. Roll each ear over a quarter turn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then repeat two more times.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil and vinegar on a large flat plate.
- Spread the Parmigiano on another flat plate.
- When the corn is cooked, roll each ear in the oil and vinegar mixture, shake off the extra oil, and dredge in the Parmigiano to coat lightly.
- Place on a platter, sprinkle with the mint and pepper flakes, and serve immediately.