Give something different a try!
Mario Batali's Duck Eggs Over Easy with Fontina on Grilled Bread
- 8 Duck eggs
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 8 Slices Whole Wheat Bread (cut on the bias)
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Fontina Cheese (Grated)
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil and place on the grill until toasted.
- Turn the bread over and sprinkle with the grated fontina cheese while the second side of the bread toasts. Once browned remove from the grill and place on a plate.
- Heat a non stick skillet over low heat and add 2 tablespoons butter.
- When the butter foams crack 4 of the eggs into the pan. Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until the egg whites become opaque. Loosen the eggs and flip them over to cook the other side for 10 seconds. Flip the eggs one more time, remove from the pan and place on the toasted bread. Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs and butter.