Eggs in Hell
Spicy, Cheesy, Herby Eggs!
- step-by-step directions
Eggs in Hell
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeño peppers seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon hot chile flakes
- 3 cup basic tomato sauce
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino
- Shredded basil
- Salt and pepper
- Place a skillet, preferably cast iron, on the grill over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until just smoking.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, jalapeños and chile flakes and cook until softened and light brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat to a simmer and carefully crack the eggs one by one into the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until as set as desired. I like it when the whites set but the yolks are still quite runny, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with cheese and some shredded basil. Allow to cool 3-4 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes
Strawberry Malted Milkshake
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel