Eggs in Hell
Spicy, Cheesy, Herby Eggs!
- step-by-step directions
Eggs in Hell
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeño peppers seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon hot chile flakes
- 3 cup basic tomato sauce
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino
- Shredded basil
- Salt and pepper
- Place a skillet, preferably cast iron, on the grill over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until just smoking.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, jalapeños and chile flakes and cook until softened and light brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat to a simmer and carefully crack the eggs one by one into the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until as set as desired. I like it when the whites set but the yolks are still quite runny, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with cheese and some shredded basil. Allow to cool 3-4 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber