Eggs in Hell
Spicy, Cheesy, Herby Eggs!
- step-by-step directions
Eggs in Hell
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeño peppers seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon hot chile flakes
- 3 cup basic tomato sauce
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino
- Shredded basil
- Salt and pepper
- Place a skillet, preferably cast iron, on the grill over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until just smoking.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, jalapeños and chile flakes and cook until softened and light brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat to a simmer and carefully crack the eggs one by one into the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until as set as desired. I like it when the whites set but the yolks are still quite runny, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with cheese and some shredded basil. Allow to cool 3-4 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami