Eggs in Hell
Spicy, Cheesy, Herby Eggs!
- step-by-step directions
Eggs in Hell
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeño peppers seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon hot chile flakes
- 3 cup basic tomato sauce
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino
- Shredded basil
- Salt and pepper
- Place a skillet, preferably cast iron, on the grill over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until just smoking.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, jalapeños and chile flakes and cook until softened and light brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat to a simmer and carefully crack the eggs one by one into the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until as set as desired. I like it when the whites set but the yolks are still quite runny, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with cheese and some shredded basil. Allow to cool 3-4 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse