Treat yourself to this decadent dinner.
Mario Batali's Fettuccine with Lobster, Tomatoes, and Saffron
- 3 2- pound Spiny Lobsters steamed 10 minutes and cooled (may sub 4 1/2 pounds Maine Lobsters)
4 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 Medium Red Onion (cut into 1/8 Julienne)
2 Ribs Celery (cut into 1/4 inch dice)
2 Medium Waxy Potatoes (cut
- Bring 8 quarts water to a boil in a large spaghetti pot and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shells and cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil until smoking.
- Add the onion, celery, potatoes and garlic and saute until golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, wine and saffron and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Drop the fettuccine into the boiling water and cook to one minute less than the package instructions.
- Just before it is done, carefully ladle 1/2 cup of the cooking water into the pan with the sauce. Add the lobster to the tomato sauce in the pan and toss through. Drain the pasta in a colander and dump into the pan with the sauce, add the chives and toss over medium heat about 30 seconds until nicely coated. Pour into a heated bowl and serve.