Grapefruit and Honey Cake
This cake is simple to make and can easily be dressed up with your favorite cake topping! Note: Mario did this recipe slightly differently on air, but for best results please follow the below steps. For a printer-friendly version of this recipe, click on the print icon above
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup finely ground Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 2 medium Grapefruits
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Note: Mario did this recipe slightly differently on air, but for best results please follow the below steps. Preheat the oven to 350F. Oil a 9-inch round cake pan with tall sides, and dust it with the 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs.
- Using a grater, zest both grapefruits. Juice one of the grapefruits to yield 3/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine the zest, juice, and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and salt with an electric mixer until frothy and light. Slowly beat in the sugar and honey, and continue to mix until pale and thick, about 2 minutes more.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, the remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, and the baking powder together. Then gradually beat the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Fold in the citrus zest mixture until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Note: poke your cake with a cake tester or toothpick ten minutes before bake time is over to check results. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and let it cool to room temperature.
Braised Lamb with Spring Vegetables
Peas and Carrots with Polenta
Asparagus & Cheese Tart
Spinach & Artichoke Puffs
Roast Chicken with Lemon-Sage Pan Sauce
Lemon-Sage Compound Butter
Grilled Veggie Burrito with Quinoa
Kale Pesto Naan Pizza
Almond Banana Bread
Carrot Ginger Soup
Shrimp and Plantains in Spicy Tomato Sauce