Dig into these delicious chops.
Mario Batali's Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic Confit and Mint
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30 Cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 2 Cups Dry White Wine
- 1 Cup sweet wine (such as Malvasia) or sweet vermouth
- 1 8- rib Rack of Lamb (trimmed and cut into chops)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Sprigs Mint (leaves only) plus 1 tablespoon for the rub
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- In an 8-inch to 10-inch pan, heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and sauté slowly, shaking pan to keep garlic moving, until brown on all sides (about 10 minutes). Add the mint. Add sweet wine and dry white wine, bring to a boil, cook until liquid is reduced to ¼ cup; the garlic should be very soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the rub with sugar, salt, mint and lemon juice and put on the chops. Drizzle with olive oil or vermouth. Grill or broil, turning once, until medium rare (about 4 to 5 minutes per side). Transfer to a platter.
- Season the garlic mixture with salt and pepper. Spoon into the center of four warmed plates, lean the chops against the garlic, and serve immediately.