One Bite of This Tailgating Classic Won't Be Enough
Mario Batali's Hot Subs Molto Style
- 4 Fresh Sub Rolls
- 6 oz Capicola Ham sliced thin
- 6 oz Genoa Salami sliced thin
- 6 oz Provolone Cheese sliced thin
- 6 oz Proscuitto sliced thin
- 1 6 oz jar Roasted Red Peppers drained and cut into 1 inch strips or Hot Peppers
- 1 Cup Cherry Peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup Good Quality Grain Mustard
- 1/4 cup Relish
- Working on a clean surface, on each roll assemble the capicola, salami, provolone, proscuitto, roasted red pepper, chopped cherry peppers, relish and mustard.
- Wrap the assembled sandwiches in aluminum foil and place them on a grill over a medium-hot fire or on a gas grill set to medium-high. Put a heat proof weight on a each sub. Heat for 5 minutes, turn subs over, and heat 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and serve immediately.