Seafood Stew from a star of Lost
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds Shrimp peeled and shells reserved
- 2 quart Water
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic cloves sliced
- 1 Celery rib diced
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper diced
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 teaspn Cayenne
- 1 tablelspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 cup Okra (fresh or thawed if frozen) trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 pound Cod cut into chunks
- 3/4 Cup Scallion Greens thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Heat the water in a saucepot and add the shells. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and keep warm.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and bell pepper and sauté until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and whisk in the flour. Cook for another 3 minutes. Add the cayenne, paprika, and the shrimp stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add okra and simmer until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cod and simmer until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in the chopped scallions. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Serve with rice.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad