Seafood Stew from a star of Lost
- 1 1/2 pounds Shrimp peeled and shells reserved
- 2 quart Water
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic cloves sliced
- 1 Celery rib diced
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper diced
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 teaspn Cayenne
- 1 tablelspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 cup Okra (fresh or thawed if frozen) trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 pound Cod cut into chunks
- 3/4 Cup Scallion Greens thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Heat the water in a saucepot and add the shells. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and keep warm.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and bell pepper and sauté until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and whisk in the flour. Cook for another 3 minutes. Add the cayenne, paprika, and the shrimp stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add okra and simmer until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cod and simmer until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in the chopped scallions. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Serve with rice.