Seafood Stew from a star of Lost
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds Shrimp peeled and shells reserved
- 2 quart Water
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic cloves sliced
- 1 Celery rib diced
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper diced
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 teaspn Cayenne
- 1 tablelspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 cup Okra (fresh or thawed if frozen) trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 pound Cod cut into chunks
- 3/4 Cup Scallion Greens thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Heat the water in a saucepot and add the shells. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and keep warm.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and bell pepper and sauté until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and whisk in the flour. Cook for another 3 minutes. Add the cayenne, paprika, and the shrimp stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add okra and simmer until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cod and simmer until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in the chopped scallions. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Serve with rice.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
Shrimp with Sherry Cream Sauce
Bone Broth Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions