A cheesy, sweet treat!
Mario Batali's Sebadas
- 2 cup Sheep's Milk Ricotta
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Bench Flour
- 1 cup Super Fine Semolina
- 4 ounce Butter Softened
- 1/2 cup Warm Milk
- 2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Honey--Chestnut or "Corbezzole"
- Powdered Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, stir together ricotta, lemon zest, egg, yogurt and sugar until well blended.
- In another mixing bowl, place flour and semolina in a well.
- In a small sauce pan, stir together milk and butter until butter is melted. Pour into well of flour and incorporate wet into dry to form a dough. Knead dough 1 minute, form a ball, wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- In a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, heat oil to 375 F.
- With a pasta roller, roll out pastry to 1/4-inch thick. Cut 20 3-1/2-inch rounds out of the pastry. Place 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on 10 rounds and cover each like a sandwich. Press edges together to seal and place to fry in oil until golden brown, about one minute. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm honey.