This dish is perfect for a party!
- Juice one lemon.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, mint, lemon juice, egg, garlic, and ½ cup of olive oil and blend until smooth, 1 minute. Slowly drizzle the remaining oil to create a creamy sauce. Makes 1 ½ cups.
- Boil the potatoes with the skins on until tender. Drain them and then let them cool.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat the grill or broiler. Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a mixing bowl. Dress with half the pesto and mound in the center of 4 individual serving plates.
- Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail piece and head on. Thread 7 each on bamboo skewers. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the skewered shrimp for 3 minutes per side and place 1 skewer on each plate. Spoon the remaining pesto over the shrimp and drizzle with aioli.