Looking for a new pasta dish? Try Mario's spaghettini with sun-dried tomatoes and arugula!
Spaghettini with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Arugula
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 10 Oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 1/2 pound Spaghettini Pasta
- 4 Cups Baby Arugula (trimmed)
- 8 quarts Water
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Breadcrumbs for garnish
- Bring 8 quarts of water to a boil in a large pasta pot.
- While the water is heating, heat the olive oil in a 14-inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until light golden brown. Add the sun-dried tomato pieces and the wine, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat.
- Add the salt to the boiling water. Drop the spaghettini into the boiling water and cook for one minute less than the packages instructions indicate. Just before the pasta is done, carefully ladle 1/4 cup of the cooking water into the pan containing the sun-dried tomatoes. Add the chili flakes.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and add it to the pan containing the sauce. Add the arugula and toss well. Toss over medium heat for about 30 seconds, until the pasta is nicely coated, and then pour into a warmed serving bowl. Garnish with breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.