Spice Up Your Wings With Mario's Alabama White Barbeque Sauce
Mario Batali's Spicy Chicken Wings with Alabama White Barbeque Sauce
- 24 Chicken wings
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce. Cover until ready to use or keep cold in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler for up to three days.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Rub the chicken wings with the olive oil then liberally with the spice mixture. Transfer to a resealable freezer bag and keep cold in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler until ready to use for up to four hours.
- Grill the wings over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink near the bone, about 18 minutes. You'll have to turn the wings a few times toward the end of the cooking to keep them from charring.
- Serve the wings with a generous helping of Alabama White Barbecue Sauce.