Fill up on these shrimp skewers!
Mario Batali Spiedini di Gamberoni
- 12 Jumbo Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 Long branches rosemary (leaves removed to yield skewers)
- 2 Lemons (Juice and Zest)
- 2 Bunches Oregano (Leaves only and cut into chiffonade)
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Polenta
- Grated parmesan (for garnish)
- 5 cup Water
- Place 2 shrimp on each rosemary branch.
- In a large, non-reactive casserole, combine the lemon juice and zest, oregano and olive oil and place shrimp in the marinade, turning the skewers to make sure that shrimp are well-coated. Cover, place in the refrigerator and let marinate for 3 hours.
- Place 5 cups water in a 4-quart saucepan and bring to a boil and, whisking constantly, pour polenta in a thin stream until all is incorporated. Remove whisk and stir with wooden spoon until as thick and dense as cream of wheat and remove from heat.
- Preheat the grill or broiler (med-high). If using a charcoal grill, just before beginning to cook the shrimp, scatter the rosemary leaves over the coals. Cook each skewer for three minutes, then turn and cook for 1 minute more, basting with marinade.
- Place 1/2 cup polenta on each plate and place a skewer in the center and drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan. Serve either hot or room temp.