Fried Meatball Sticks
Mangia Mangia's Meatball Lollipop
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Oregano
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3/4 cup Pecorino Romano
- 2 tablespoons Parsley (chopped)
- 10 Eggs
- 2 pounds Ground Meat (40% Beef; 40% Veal; 20% Pork)
- 4 liters Marinara Sauce
- Tempura Mix
- Evenly mix together all ingredients except the marinara sauce and tempura mix in a big bowl using your hands.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make balls out of the mixture. Keep the ice cream scoop wet at all times so the meat does not stick to it.
- Heat up a frying pan to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and fry the balls for 3 minutes until they get a nice crunchy coating.
- Drain the balls from the grease and move them into a pot of marinara sauce so they keep cooking for another 40 minutes.
- Put the pot in the fridge to cool off. When the balls are cool, drain the marinara, but keep the sauce for later use.
- Put each ball on a wooden stick. Dip the balls in a tempura mix, so they have a thin coating of tempura.
- Deep-fry each lollipop for 3 to 4 minutes. Dab them with paper towel, and season with salt to taste. Use the marinara as dipping sauce with Pecorino cheese, if desired.