Denise shared her favorite sandwich recipe, a meatball parm hero. Try it at home today.
Meatball Parm Hero
- 2 pound Ground beef
- 2 Egg
- 1 White onion
- 1 Green pepper
- Yellow mustard
- 1 jar tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 pinches Parmesan grated cheese
- 1 Whole wheat hero
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- Place 2 pounds of ground beef into the bowl. Dice white onion and green pepper and add to the bowl.
- Add the the eggs, the mustard and the breadcrumbs to the onion mixture.
- Shape the meatballs into a medium size. The number of meatballs needed depends on size of sandwich.
- Place meatballs into a large frying pan with oil, over a medium flame for 25 mins.
- When meatballs are fully cooked, remove from a frying pan and place in a strainer for 1- 2 mins.
- Add meatballs to jarred sauce in a medium size pot to simmer for an additional 3-5 mins.
- Put meatballs onto wheat bun and add 4 slices of mozzarella cheese and 2 pinches of Parmesan.
- Put the sandwich into the oven for 3-5 mins at 300 degrees F to melt the cheese.