Carla and Clinton both grew up eating meatloaf, so they decided to put a twist on it by making Bloody Mary meatloaf! This is NOT your mama's meatloaf!
Not Your Mama's Meatloaf
- For the Meatloaf:
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Carrot (chopped)
- 1 rib Celery (chopped)
- 6 Eggs (hardboiled and peeled)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
For the Bloody Mary Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Horseradish
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely Ground Pepper
- For the Meatloaf: In the bowl of a food processor, combine the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and pulse until evenly and roughly pureed.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, pork, and pureed vegetables. Gently mix in breadcrumbs, milk, ketchup, dijon, salt and pepper until combined thoroughly. Press the meat mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan. Gently press the hardboiled eggs down the center of the loaf (be careful not to break them).
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- For the Bloody Mary Glaze: Combine all ketchup glaze ingredients; slather the glaze on top.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until done (meat should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees)
- Slice meatloaf with a serrated knife. Serve with peas and mash potatoes or your favorite sides.