Serve up your go-to meatloaf on a doughy potato roll and top with a spicy ketchup sauce and a slice of bacon.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup grated onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, finely ground
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- hamburger potato rolls
- mayonnaise to serve
- honey mustard to serve
- bacon to serve (optional)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- pinch salt
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, pork, onions and carrots. Add the breadcrumbs, eggs, horseradish, garlic, dijon, ketchup salt and pepper. Gently mix with hands until combined. Form into patties and set aside on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill the burgers for 4-5 minutes per side, cooking to an internal temperature of 155°F. Remove and allow to rest.
- Assemble burgers with desired condiments.
- For the Spicy Ketchup: Mix together all ingredients.
- Gently mix ingredients into the ground meat to keep the burgers tender and juicy.
rate this recipe
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue