Meatloaf Burger with Spicy Ketchup
Carla Hall's Meatloaf Sandwich
- 1 1/2 pounds ground Beef
- 1/2 pound ground Pork
- 1/4 cup grated Onions
- 1/4 cup grated Carrots
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs (finely ground)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- Hamburger Potato Rolls
- Mayonnaise to serve
- Honey Mustard to serve
- Bacon to serve (optional)
- For the Spicy Ketchup:
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared Horseradish
- pinch Salt
- Combine breadcrumbs, eggs, horseradish, garlic, dijon, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, pork, onions and carrots. Add the breadcrumbs, eggs, horseradish, garlic, dijon, ketchup salt and pepper. Gently mix with hands until combined. Form into patties and set aside on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side, cooking to an internal temperature of 155F. Remove and allow to rest. Assemble burgers with desired condiments.
- For the Spicy Ketchup: Mix together all ingredients.