The only thing scary about this dish is how much of it you'll want to eat.
- 1/2 pound Elbow pasta
- Olive oil drizzle
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 Onion sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Red pepper chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot cook elbow pasta according to directions.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan. Add ground beef and cook until brown. Move meat to one side of the pan and add onions in on the open side. Season with salt. Smash the garlic cloves and add them to the pan. Mix the beef, onion and garlic together. Add tomato paste and canned tomatoes and stir to combine. Add chili flakes to taste.
- Once cooked, strain pasta and add to pan with meat and tomato sauce. Add a little of the pasta water to the pan to help season the sauce. Add some freshly grated parmesan cheese and remove from heat and serve.