The only thing scary about this dish is how much of it you'll want to eat.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 pound elbow pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Fill a large pot with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook elbow pasta according to package instructions.
- Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Once hot, add the ground beef and cook until well browned, about 7 minutes. Move meat to one side of the pan and add the onion to the open side. Season with salt. Smash the garlic cloves and add them to the pan. Mix the beef, onion and garlic together. Add the tomato paste and canned tomatoes and stir to combine. Add chili flakes to taste.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to pan with meat and tomato sauce. Add a couple tablespoons of the pasta water to the pan to help season the sauce. Add some freshly grated parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Similar categories: Ingredients Pasta Macaroni Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Holidays & Occasions Halloween
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad