This 5 in 5 from Michael features a delicious, family friendly meal that you can serve for under five dollars - and make in five minutes.
Angel Hair with Cauliflower and Parmesan
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 head cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons capers (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (plus more)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, add the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Sauté over medium-high heat until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, capers and red pepper flakes, and toss to combine.
- Drain the cooked pasta. Add the pasta to the sauté pan and toss to combine. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley and a couple tablespoons of pasta water. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, garnish with some more freshly grated Parmesan cheese.