This 5 in 5 from Michael features a delicious, family friendly meal that you can serve for under five dollars - and make in five minutes.
Angel Hair with Cauliflower and Parmesan
- 1 jar Capers
- 1 box Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 bunch Cauliflower
- 1 small block Parmesan Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 3 garlic gloves (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil to cook the angel hair. When boiling, add the angel hair.
- In the meantime, cut cauliflower into small pieces, chop the parsley and garlic. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, then the cauliflower. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and capers, and stir. Garlic and red pepper flakes and always around in my pantry so throw them in if you got them but don't sweat it if you don't.
- When the pasta is ready, strain and add to the pan. Mix the pasta with the pan ingredients and add some grated Parmesan and the parsley. Add a little of the pasta water to the pan to help create the sauce. To serve garnish with some more grated Parmesan.