Try this recipe tonight!
Michael Symon's Cast Iron Pork Pie
- 2 Lb Ground Pork
- 1/2 Lb Bacon (medium diced)
- 1 Cup Celery (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Celery Leaves (chopped)
- 2 Large Onions
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Pinch Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Large Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Aged Cheddar (grated)
- 2 Cups Kale (roughly chopped)
- 3 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a cast iron skillet, brown bacon and pork and remove from pan and reserve.
- To the same pan, add a drizzle of olive oil, onions, kale, celery, garlic, cinnamon, salt, pepper and nutmeg and sweat for 2 minutes, then add the pork and bacon back to pan with a splash of water. Mix, then add parsley & celery leaves and stir in to combine.
- Spread mashed potatoes over pork and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Bake at 450F until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes, garnish with celery leaves and serve.