A fool proof dinner recipe!
Michael Symon's Chicken Cutlet Milanese with Arugula Salad
- 4 thinly cut bone-in Chicken Cutlets, 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, 4 large Eggs, 2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated), Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, Juice and
- Put the chicken on a cutting board and cover them with a large piece of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, punt the meat to 1/4 inch thick.
- Set up a breading station: In three separate bowls put the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Lightly whisk the eggs. Stir the Parmesan into the breadcrumbs.
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Dredge them in flour and shake off the excess, then dip them in egg, and then in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. When the fat is hot add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels to drain until ready to serve.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sliced onion, arugula (any green is fine), tomato and basil. Crumble the feta and add the juice and zest of one lemon. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper (Michael's tip: Balance the acid of the lemon with the oil at a 1:2 ratio; so if you do 1 oz lemon, do 2 oz olive oil). Gently toss and serve alongside the chicken.