5 ingredients in 5 minutes for under 5 dollars!
Michael Symon's Chicken with Tomato and Olives
- 6 small chicken things (with skin and no bone)
- 1 28 oz can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/2 kalamata olives (pitted)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan/cast iron skillet to high heat
- Season chicken with salt (on both sides)
- Place chicken on a cast iron skillet with a brick wrapped in aluminium foil on top (helps press the chicken).
- Open can of tomatoes. Crush tomatoes in a bowl with your hands
- Pour olive oil and garlic into a saucepan over medium heat. Add tomates and olives and bring to a simmer.
- Flip the chicken and brown the other side for 1-2 minutes
- Tear bunch of fresh basil and put in saucepan to help flavor. Add some salt and pepper for seasoning
- Remove chicken and plate it. Serve with sauce over the top.