An Extreme Steak that is Massive and Mouth-Watering!
Michael Symon's Cowboy Ribeye with Marrow-naise and Fries
- 2 4- inch Pieces Bone Marrow (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 Bone-in Cowboy Ribeye
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced to a paste)
- 3 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- French Fries
- 2 tablespoon capers (chopped)
- 1 bunch of parsley (chopped)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the marrow bones cut side up in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast until the marrow is tender when pierced with a knife or skewer, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool just a bit.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Season the rib eye with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Cook turning often until cooked to medium rare, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside to rest.
- Scrape the bone marrow out of the bones and set aside. In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, garlic, capers and lemon juice. Season with salt and whisk to combine. Whisk in the marrow until smooth. In a slow stream, whisk in the olive oil untilemulsified. Add chopped parsley and mix to combine. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Slice the steak and serve with French fries and marrow-naise.