With ground chuck and ground bacon, this dish is double trouble!
Double Trouble Meatloaf
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 medium onion (2 cups) minced, 2 cloves garlic (1 tablespoon) minced, 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 2 cups day old bread crust removed and small diced, 1/2 cups whole milk, 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley finely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized sauté pan, begin sweating the onions with the butter and 1/4 tsp Kosher salt.
- Add the garlic, and continue to cook.
- Add the smoked paprika and chipotle powder and lightly toast with the onion mixture.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, soak the bread in the milk until it is completely soft and hydrated.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients with the onion mixture, and the soaked bread, squeezing out the excess milk beforehand.
- Pack into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 for one hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly (it will be easier to slice.)
- Slice the meatloaf and serve it with your favorite mashed potatoes or potato salad. This meatloaf also makes for a great late night snack, as well as a cold sandwich!