A Classic Side Dish!
Michael Symon's Fried Potatoes
- 2 Large Idaho Potatoes (washed and scrubbed) skin intact
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes (washed and scrubbed) skin intact
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs sage
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 head of garlic skins on
- Lard or oil (for frying)
- Parmesan (freshly grated) for garnish
- Parsley (freshly chopped) for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, drop in potatoes and boil until tender, then drain.
- Once cool enough to handle, break potatoes apart with hands into roughly bite sized pieces.
- In a dutch oven, bring 2 inches of oil to 375F. Fry potatoes until crispy, about 4-5 minutes. After a minute add the herbs and garlic. Remove to paper towel lined plate and garnish with freshly grated parmesan, salt, pepper, and parsley.