It's the middle of the night and you're hungry. What do you make? A bacon, chocolate and hazelnut sandwich!
Grilled Bacon, Chocolate, and Hazelnut Sandwich
- 1 loaf Pullman bread or Pain de Mie
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut-Chocolate Spread
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 pound Bacon
- Preheat a skillet and fry bacon until crisp. When ready, transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to cool.
- Slice Pullman loaf into 8 1/2-inch slices, and spread a tablespoon, give or take, of the hazelnut-chocolate spread onto each of the slices. Slice the bananas lengthwise and then in half and add two slices to each sandwich. Arrange 3 slices of bacon onto four of the slices, and banana slices and make a sandwich. Generously butter each side of sandwich.
- In a non-stick skillet pre-heated to medium, grill sandwiches on either side until golden-brown, and serve.