Meatloaf isn't only a classic dish, it's also a true comfort food. Michael shows you a new preparations for this family favorite.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 red onions (one finely diced and one sliced into rings)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs coarse ground beef
- 1 1/2 lbs hot Italian pork sausage (removed from casing)
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Preheat grill to medium high heat on one side.
- Melt butter in small skillet and sweat onions and garlic until translucent. Let onions cool.
- Place remaining ingredients and onion mixture in large bowl and mix with your hands. Make a meat-loaf pan out of foil and brush with blended olive oil and place mixture in pan, pressing down and packing medium tight Bake for 40 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees. Remove foil from the meatloaf and transfer to a platter. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice. Serve with Grilled onions and tomatoes.
- For the grilled onions and tomatoes, brush with oil, season with salt and pepper and place on the grill when the meatloaf is 10 minutes from finished. Grill the onions and tomatoes for 3 to 5 minutes per side until they are tender. Serve alongside the meatloaf.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw