Meatloaf isn't only a classic dish, it's also a true comfort food. Michael shows you a new preparations for this family favorite.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 red onions (one finely diced and one sliced into rings)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs coarse ground beef
- 1 1/2 lbs hot Italian pork sausage (removed from casing)
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Preheat grill to medium high heat on one side.
- Melt butter in small skillet and sweat onions and garlic until translucent. Let onions cool.
- Place remaining ingredients and onion mixture in large bowl and mix with your hands. Make a meat-loaf pan out of foil and brush with blended olive oil and place mixture in pan, pressing down and packing medium tight Bake for 40 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees. Remove foil from the meatloaf and transfer to a platter. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice. Serve with Grilled onions and tomatoes.
- For the grilled onions and tomatoes, brush with oil, season with salt and pepper and place on the grill when the meatloaf is 10 minutes from finished. Grill the onions and tomatoes for 3 to 5 minutes per side until they are tender. Serve alongside the meatloaf.
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette