Tired of eating the same old salad? Break out of your salad rut with this tasty dish.
Kale Salad with Shaved Beets, Feta and Toasted Almonds
- 2 Bunches of Kale (stems removed sliced thin)
- 1 Large Golden Beet (peeled and sliced paper thin)
- 1 Large Red Beet (peeled and sliced paper thin)
- 1/2 cup Almonds (toasted)
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill (chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Onion (peeled and sliced paper thin)
- 3 oz Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place kale, beets and onion in a large mixing bowl and season liberally with salt. Mix and top with the vinegar. Set aside. (This can be done up to a couple hours in advance.)
- Whisk together the oil, garlic and dill. Toss the oil mixture with the kale, beets and onion. Add feta and almonds. Mix and serve.