A burger with a breakfast twist!
Michael Symon's Lola Burger
- 8 slices Bacon
- 8 oz Ground Sirloin
- 8 oz Ground Short Ribs
- 8 oz Ground Brisket
- 4 thin slices Cheddar
- 4 English Muffins (split)
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 Dill Pickle (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Pickled Red Onions
- 4 teaspoons Spicy Ketchup
- sriracha hot sauce
- Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Build a medium-hot fire in your grill or preheat a stovetop grill pan.
- Cook the bacon in a sauté pan over medium-high heat, turning once, until crisp (about 5 minutes). Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain. Reserve the bacon fat in the pan.
- Combine the sirloin, short ribs, and brisket together and form into 4 patties (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter each). Season the patties with salt and cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Put the burgers on the grill or in the grill pan and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and top each burger with a slice of cheese. Grill for 3 minutes for medium- rare. Remove them to a plate.
- Add the English muffins to the grill or grill pan and toast for 1 minute. Cook the eggs sunny side up in the bacon fat while the burgers rest.
- Build the burgers by sandwiching them between the muffin halves along with pickle slices, red onion, bacon, an egg, and some spicy ketchup.
Note: To make spicy ketchup combine equal amounts of ketchup with Sriracha hot sauce (or the hot sauce of your choice). Season with cayenne pepper to taste.