Michael Symon's Ohio Creamed Corn with Bacon
A tasty side dish for any meal!
- step-by-step directions
- Make the corncob stock:
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a lively simmer and cook to reduce liquid to 2 cups liquid, approximately one half an hour.
- Strain and reserve, keeping stock warm
- Make the creamed corn with bacon:
- Begin heating a large saucepan and glaze bottom with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the lardons and cook over medium heat, rendering the fat and browning the pieces, stirring as needed.
- Add the onion and sweat about 45 seconds.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring another 30 seconds.
- Add the corn and salt and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the reserved corncob stock and bring to a simmer cooking until the liquid reduces to approximately two thirds of a cup.
- Add the crème fraiche and simmer three minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the butter and stir.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in cilantro and lime zest.
- Check for seasoning and plate.
Apple Cider Spice Mix
Carly's Spinach Pesto
Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan Croutons
Jeweled Citrus Bark
Cinnamon Apple Monkey Bread
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw