Take a trip to Spain with this exotic dish.
Michael Symon's Paella
- 5 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Spanish Onion (chopped)
- 2 cup Short-grain Rice
- Saffron Threads (large pinch)
- 1 1/2 cup San Marzano Tomatoes (drained and halved)
- 8 Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks (4 of each)
- 1/2 pound Dried Chorizo
- 12 Mussels (debearded and scrubbed)
- 12 Littleneck Clams (scrubbed)
- 1 1/2 pound Large Shrimp
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup White wine
- In a paella pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until cooked through and it has rendered its fat. Remove chorizo from pan and reserve.
- Add the chicken, browning all sides. Remove the chicken from pan and reserve.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the rice and toast. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Once rice has toasted, and the saffron and then slowly add the stock, stirring as you add.
- Add the tomatoes and stir. Nestle the chicken in the pan and arrange the mussels, clams, shrimp, peas, and cover the pan. Cook, covered until clams and mussels have opened and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Garnish with freshly cracked pepper and some parsley. Serve.