Make your own pizza!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 balls store-bought pizza dough (1 pound each)
- 1 jar store-bought tomato sauce (plus extra to serve)
- 4 Cups fresh mozzarella (grated)
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (plus more to garnish)
- 1 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chili flakes (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly grease with oil and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one pizza dough into a 11x13” rectangle.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella in an even layer on top, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with half of the freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Place half of the pepperoni in an even layer on top. Place some whole basil leaves in a horizontal line down the center. Top with a drizzle of olive oil. Working with the short end, roll the pizza up like a jelly roll, pinching the seam, and then tuck each side under. Place pizza roll on prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with the remaining ingredients.
- Top the rolls with a drizzle of olive oil, some black pepper, Parmigiano-Reggiano and a pinch of chili flakes. Using a paring knife, make 3 slits in the top of each roll.
- Place in preheated oven to bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet to a cooling rack and let the pizza rolls cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with more warmed sauce on the side.
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings
Cherry Pecan Monkey Bread
Grilled Cornbread with Blueberry Compote
Grilled Lobster Tails with Lime Basil Butter
Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Red Onions
Taleggio and Salami Panini
Soft Shell Crab Falsi Testaroli with Lemon Tomato Basil Sauce
Pineapple Foster with Pound Cake