Give This Tasty and Spicy Dish a Try!
Michael Symon's Pork Tenderloin with Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 2 pound pork tenderloin, 1 teaspoon coriander seed (toasted), 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed (toasted), Zest and juice of 2 limes, 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 large heirloom tomatoes, 1 clove garlic (minced), 1 shallot (minced), 2 ounces red wine vinegar,
- Toast the almonds, the coriander and the cumin.
- Zest the limes.
- Mince the garlic and the shallots.
- Cut pork into 1 ½ - 2 inch thick medallions.
- Whisk together coriander, cumin, lime juice and zest, olive oil, salt, garlic and shallot. Pour over pork and marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat unison pan over medium heat, remove pork from marinade and reserve. Sear pork for 3 minutes per side in unison pan. Put unison pan in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove unison pan from the oven and pull the pork from the pan. Add marinade, stock, vinegar and honey to unison pan and bring to a simmer, reducing by 1/3. Whisk in olive oil.
- Cut tomatoes into bite size pieces and mix with watercress, mint and almonds.
- Place pork on a serving platter, toss warm dressing over tomato mixture and serve with the pork.