This is one of Michael Symon's favorite meals!
Michael Symon's Pork and Beans
- 8 Pork Cutlets
- 8 Slices Aged Ham
- 1/2 Bunch Parsley
- Flour for Dusting
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Shallot (Minced)
- 1/2 Cup Dry white wine
- Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cups torn Kale
- 1 12 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Using a meat mallet, pound each pork slice to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Place 1 parsley leaf and 1 slice of ham on each cutlet and fold over to form a sandwich, with the meat inside the ham. Pound lightly with the meat mallet, then secure with toothpicks.
- In a 10- to 12- inch sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and the olive oil over high heat until it foams and subsides.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, and dredge the cutlets lightly in the flour. Add to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the shallots to the pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the white wine into the pan and reduce, stirring with a wooden spoon to dislodge the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the kale and toss to combine. Add the beans. Add the lemon zest and juice. Chop the remaining parsley and stir in.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops, and serve immediately