Try this mouth-watering chicken dish that will leave your guests begging for the recipe.
Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Sage
- 1 3 to 4 lb Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Onion (peeled)
- 3 Sweet Potatoes (cubed)
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Cumin Seeds
- 2 Celery Root (peeled andcubed)
- 1 small bunch fresh Sage
- A day before cooking, salt the chicken liberally, cover, and refrigerate. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator an hour before cooking it. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine butter and sage, rub under the skin. Put the onion in the cavity of the chicken.
- Toss the celery roots, potatoes, cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in an ovenproof saute pan or in a roasting pan, breast side up on top of sweet potatoes and celery root. Slide it into the oven, and roast it until the thigh reaches 160°F or until the cavity juices run clear, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to 20 minutes. Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and serve with the vegetables.