Try this mouth-watering chicken dish that will leave your guests begging for the recipe.
Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Sage
- 1 3 to 4 lb Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Onion (peeled)
- 3 Sweet Potatoes (cubed)
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Cumin Seeds
- 2 Celery Root (peeled andcubed)
- 1 small bunch fresh Sage
- A day before cooking, salt the chicken liberally, cover, and refrigerate. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator an hour before cooking it. Preheat the oven to 425??F.
- Combine butter and sage, rub under the skin. Put the onion in the cavity of the chicken.
- Toss the celery roots, potatoes, cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in an ovenproof saute pan or in a roasting pan, breast side up on top of sweet potatoes and celery root. Slide it into the oven, and roast it until the thigh reaches 160??F or until the cavity juices run clear, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to 20 minutes. Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and serve with the vegetables.