This fresh and fruity salad is the perfect starter or side for any meal!
Shaved Fennel Salad with Oranges, Lemon, Dill and Watercress
- 3 oranges, 1 garlic clove minced, 1 shallot thinly sliced and soaked in cold water for 10 minutes and drained, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2 small or 1 large fennel bulb core removed and shaved, 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped
- Segment all three oranges and reserve with their juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, shallot, salt, lemon zest and juice, orange juice (reserve segments for now), a few grinds of black pepper, and coriander and whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil.
- In a large bowl, add the shaved fennel, dill, watercress, and orange segments.
- Add the dressing to the outer portion of the large bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad among four plates.
- Spoon the additional dressing from the bottom of the bowl over each portion.