St. Louis Burger
Michael Symon whipped up this juicy burger at a tailgating event - and you can too!
- step-by-step directions
St. Louis Burger
- 1/2 Lb Ground Sirloin
- 1/2 Lb Ground Brisket
- 1/2 Lb Ground Boneless Short Rib
- Kosher Salt and cracked Black Pepper
- 4 thin slices Cheddar
- 1 1/2 Tblspn Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 4 Brioche or Egg Buns (split)
- 1/2 Cup Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 Lb Smoked Pulled Pork Butt
- 1/4 Cup St Louis Style BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tblspn ShaSha Sauce (see steps for components)
- Make the burgers: Build a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill. On a work surface, combine the meats and form the burgers into 4 equal-size patties. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the patties onto a grill or grill pan and grill for 3 minutes. Flip and add a slice of cheese.
- Grill for 3-4 more minutes for medium rare. Remove and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the pulled pork and St Louis BBQ sauce and cook until warmed through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the butter into the pan. Place the buns in the pan, cut-side down, and toast, about 2 minutes.
- Place a heaping tablespoonful of the pulled pork on the bottom half of each bun. Top with a burger and a few slices of picked red onion and a spread ShaSha sauce onto the top half of the bun (get ShaSha sauce recipe here). Cover each with the top half of the bun and serve immediately.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal