Michael Symon whipped up this juicy burger at a tailgating event - and you can too!
St. Louis Burger
- 1/2 Lb Ground Sirloin
- 1/2 Lb Ground Brisket
- 1/2 Lb Ground Boneless Short Rib
- Kosher Salt and cracked Black Pepper
- 4 thin slices Cheddar
- 1 1/2 Tblspn Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 4 Brioche or Egg Buns (split)
- 1/2 Cup Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 Lb Smoked Pulled Pork Butt
- 1/4 Cup St Louis Style BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tblspn ShaSha Sauce (see steps for components)
- Make the burgers: Build a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill. On a work surface, combine the meats and form the burgers into 4 equal-size patties. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the patties onto a grill or grill pan and grill for 3 minutes. Flip and add a slice of cheese.
- Grill for 3-4 more minutes for medium rare. Remove and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the pulled pork and St Louis BBQ sauce and cook until warmed through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the butter into the pan. Place the buns in the pan, cut-side down, and toast, about 2 minutes.
- Place a heaping tablespoonful of the pulled pork on the bottom half of each bun. Top with a burger and a few slices of picked red onion and a spread ShaSha sauce onto the top half of the bun (get ShaSha sauce recipe here). Cover each with the top half of the bun and serve immediately.