What's Michael's guilty pleasure? A fried bologna sandwich!
Michael Symon's Toad in the Hole
- 2 pieces white sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 pieces bologna
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing (like Miracle Whip)
- Salt & pepper
- Hot sauce
- Salt and vinegar chips (optional)
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle a little oil over the skillet.
- Cut bread with circular cookie or biscuit cutter. Place bologna on bread and with a smaller cutter cut a hole in the middle of the bread and bologna.
- Spread bread with salad dressing and place in skillet. Fry for a couple of minutes and flip.
- Carefully crack an egg into the hole, making sure not to break the yolk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until bread is crisp and egg is cooked.
- Once cooked (if desired) top with crushed salt and vinegar chips and hot sauce.