Get Dinner Done in No Time!
Michael Symon's Turkey Tacos
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1/2 pound Ground Turkey
3 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 14 oz can Diced Tomatoes with Jalapenos
1 14 oz can Pinto beans drained and rinsed
10 Corn Tortillas
Salt and Pepper
1/2 Cabbage slices
1 Red Onion chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat in a large sauté pan. Add the turkey and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Brown the turkey, then add half of the chopped red onion. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a separate pot, add the rest of the red onions and a little extra virgin olive oil. Allow to cook until brown and caramelized. Add beans to pot. After a few minutes add the tomatoes with jalapenos and let simmer.
- To make slaw combine the sliced cabbage with the zest and juice of the lime in a small mixing bowl. Toast cumin in a small pan until fragrant. Add cumin to bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm the tortillas and build a taco by adding the beans, then the turkey mixture and top with cabbage slaw.