Zucchini fritters are tasty, quick, and easy with this recipe!
Zucchini Fritters with Feta and Dill
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint torn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill torn
- 1 large scallion (white and green parts) thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 4 ounces feta cheese coarsely chopped or crumbled
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Canola oil for pan-frying
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a grater onto a clean kitchen towel.
- Wrap the zucchini in the towel and wring as much liquid out of it as possible, discarding the liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, mint, dill, scallion, garlic, feta and lemon zest.
- Stir in the egg and flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the canola oil to a large shallow pan; you want about 1/4 inch or enough so that when all the fritters are in the pan, the oil comes halfway up their sides.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat.
- Form fritters by hand or using a 1/4 cup measure, and fry them in the hot oil in batches.
- Cook until the fritters are golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain in paper towels.
- Transfer the fritters to plates and garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt.