Magic Almond Brittle
Cooking Light's Microwave Almond Brittle
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light-Colored Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Almonds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Line a jelly-roll pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and syrup in a 2-quart glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes (sugar mixture will be clear and bubbly). Stir in almonds. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until mixture is a light caramel color, stirring every minute.
- Stir in butter, vanilla, and salt. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until the mixture is the color of peanut butter. Add baking soda, and stir until texture is foamy.
- Quickly pour the mixture onto prepared pan. Spread to 1/4-inch thickness. Let stand 30 minutes. Break brittle into pieces, store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Similar categories: Desserts