Fried Veggie App
Clinton Kelly's Mini Egg Rolls
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup julienned Carrots
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (minced)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Green Cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth or Water
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce (preferably low-sodium; plus more for serving)
- 2 scrambled Eggs
- 30 Wonton Wrappers
- Egg Wash for brushing (1 Egg plus 1 tablespoon Water whisked)
- Duck Sauce for dipping
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the carrots, garlic and ginger to sauté for 2 minutes. Toss in the cabbage and Chinese five spice and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, sesame oil and soy sauce and toss to coat. Cook until the vegetables are softened and the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the scrambled eggs.
- Lay the wrappers in front of you like a diamond. Place a small spoonful of the filling in the bottom half of a wrapper. Roll up like a sub sandwich, brushing the top corner with egg wash to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry the egg rolls for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are golden brown and float, working in batches. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool slightly before serving. Plate with duck sauce and soy sauce to serve.