Mini Tarts with Cinnamon-Vanilla Whipped Cream
Jacob Kay's Mini Pecan Tarts
- For the Candied Pecans:
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 cup Pecans halves
- Pinch of Salt
For the Cinnamon-Vanilla Whipped Cream:
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract (to taste)
For the Pecan Filling:
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
For the Pecan Crust:
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 4 ounces Butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- pinch of Salt
- For the Candied Pecans: Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. In a medium saute pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in pecans, making sure to coat in butter. Add sugar and salt and stir and cook until caramelized.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Allow to cool in the fridge. This can be made a few days ahead and stored in an air tight container.
- For the Cinnamon-Vanilla Whipped Cream: In a large bowl, whisk cream until frothy. Slowly add the sugar while continuing to whisk until medium-stiff peaks form. Add the cinnamon and vanilla and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- For the Pecan Filling: In a large bowl, combine the egg, sugar and butter and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and salt and combine. Stir in chopped pecans.
- For the Pecan Crust: Preheat oven to 325 F. Beat together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Continue to beat while adding in flour then salt. Chill mixture for 2 hours or until quite firm. Divide dough into 16 portions and press gently in the mini muffin tins, making sure to cover bottom and sides.
- Divide the pecan filling between the crust lined muffin tins. Bake for about 25 minutes or until filling has set. Carefully remove warm tarts from the pan and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a candied pecan.
Similar categories: Desserts