Is there anything more comforting than ice cream?
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Torte with Chocolate Creme de Menthe Sauce
- 40 cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies (crushed)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 20 mint chocolate candies (melted)
- 1 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream (divided)
- 1 jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- Chocolate Creme de Menthe Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter and mix until well combined. Press half of the mixture into a greased 10-inch springform pan. Next, spread the melted mint candies over the crust. Top with half of the ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Reserve ¼ cup hot fudge topping. Then combine remaining hot fudge topping and crumb mixture and spread over the ice cream.
- Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving. Use chocolate creme de menthe sauce to garnish torte.
- Chocolate Crème de Menthe Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, water and heavy cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full boil. Let mixture boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the chocolate chips. Quickly mix with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Stir in crème de menthe and mix to fully incorporate.
- Pour warm mixture over ice cream cake and serve immediately.