Carla Hall's Minted Watermelon and Cucumber Punch
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 bunch fresh Mint leaves (plus more to garnish)
- 2 cups Watermelon cubes
- 2 English Cucumbers (peeled and cubed; plus cucumber slices to garnish)
- 1/4 cup Lime juice
- 24 ounces Club Soda
- Place half of the cucumber on a sheet tray and freeze.
- In a medium sauce pot, stir together the sugar and water over medium-high heat. Once the sugar has dissolved remove from heat and pour into a heat proof bowl with mint leaves. Allow to steep until cooled to room temperature. Strain out mint leaves. Simple syrup can be made a week ahead and stored in the fridge.
- Place the watermelon in a food processor and puree. Strain through a mesh sieve to remove pulp. Repeat the process with the remaining cucumber.
- Stir together the watermelon and cucumber juices. Add the minted simple syrup and lime juice. Chill mixture until ready to serve. Place a few pieces of frozen cucumber into each glass. Fill each glass 2/3 full with the punch. Top off with club soda and garnish with mint sprigs and sliced cucumber.