Mississippi Mud Pie
This chocolatey dessert is simply decadent. Try it for yourself.
- step-by-step directions
Mississippi Mud Pie
- For the Brownie Batter:
- 8 ounces Butter
- 8 ounces Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
For the Chocolate Pudding:
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- 2 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
To Build Pie:
- 2 cups Crushed Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (chocolate cookie part only plus more to garnish)
- 1/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- For the Brownie Batter: Gently melt butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, salt, sugars and vanilla.
- Stir egg mixture into chocolate mixture, and then add flour. Stir just until combined.
- For the Chocolate Pudding: Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, salt, cocoa powder and flour in a medium bowl. Slowly stir milk into dry mixture.
- Put mixture in medium sauce pot and cook until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl, then briskly stir a small amount of the hot mixture (about 1/2 cup) into this mixture. Add egg yolk mixture back into the hot mixture in top of double boiler and stir in butter and vanilla. Cook until mixture thickens again. Set aside.
- To Build Pie: Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with the butter until thoroughly mixed. Press into a lightly greased springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes to set the crust.
- Scrape brownie batter into the chocolate crust, forming an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out somewhat clean. Allow to cool slightly, and then pour pudding over the brownie layer, spreading into an even layer.
- Combine the heavy cream and vanilla and whip until peaks form, and use to top the chocolate pudding layer. Garnish with more crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Mousses, Puddings, & Pies Courses & Meals Desserts Pies & Tarts
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber